Black Box Cipro, I just finished blushing, coating, and face-upping Joseph, my Dream of Doll Yen.* I'm still really unsure about him. But I thought I'd write a bit about him.
A lot of people think of Dream of Doll as being "starter dolls." This is unfair to Dream of Doll, really, and it's also untrue is some ways. Dream of Doll, like any other company, has it's positives and negatives.
The positives first, I think. :)
1, Black Box Cipro. Dream of Doll has a very different head sculpt from other companies. It is very stylized with a lot of personality, but in a more realistically proportioned way. While the head may seem "small" to me in terms of an MSD head, it's closer to a normal person scale. Also, their body does tend to go toward more "mature" proportions than a chubby MSD or Kid Delf body - without comparing them to a 60 cm doll, I might be able to look at them and think maybe 15 or 16, where I think I normally look at a Volks MSD and think 10 or 12. Black Box Cipro, 2. DoD has many options for hands. They also have many optional heads available, and they are all approximately the same size... so they can fit both male and female bodies.
3. The resin is a really pretty color, Black Box Cipro. Some people have described it as being just white. It's actually a rather creamy, slightly pinky color, Black Box Cipro japan. It reminds me a LOT of Angel Region's Crystal Rose skin. I actually like their resin a bit more than Cerberus Project's white. Black Box Cipro, It looks REALLY nice when it's blushed and coated.
4. Omigod, his feet and ears are cute.
5. Dream of Doll are esthetized.
But.., Black Box Cipro. the negatives seem rather extensive to me at the moment.
1. When I took Joseph out of the box, I thought "Oh... why did she put his eyes in crooked?" (His previous owner has changed his eyes and played with him a bit, hoping to bond with him). Black Box Cipro, When I looked inside, it turned out that his eyewells were extremely uneven. It was literally impossible to make his right eye point in most directions. Looking at other Yens in the DoA galleries, I see that they seem to have the same problem. As do a couple of the other sculpts. (This seems to affect the newer sculpts less though, just going by owner photos).
2, Black Box Cipro. His fingers were fused. This, in itself, isn't a problem. I've seperated fingers before... on basically all of the MSDs. Black Box Cipro, The problem is that there are several small cavities, little indentations on the insides of his fingers... Black Box Cipro india, I think where some kind of air pockets formed during his casting.
3. His hands are held on by thick threads that go through a hole drilled in his wrist piece. This is annoying to put on, and it also makes it so that he has EXTREMELY limited wrist poseability. Basically, he can slightly bend his wrist (VERY slightly) and he can rotate his wrist, Black Box Cipro. This is the biggest flaw to me.
4. As many people have commented, he has a lower back "nub" where his torso joint is. It's visible if he leans forward. Black Box Cipro, 5. General poseability is comparatively low to Volks MSD and CP Kid Delf. His shoulder joints seem to max out at about 75 degrees from his body, his elbows seem to come to about the same point. His arms can't lie straight at his sides. He can spread his knees to approximately 60 degrees, the knees bend (without coming out of joint) to approximately 90 degrees. His angle movement, like his wrist movement, is very very limited, Black Box Cipro. I think I've figured out the problem with his wrists, but I'm not certain about his ankles.
In summary, with these problems, I think DoD is kinda a strange starter doll. If I didn't know about bevelling eyes, I think I would have been really bothered by Joseph's eyes.... and I wouldn't have liked that. Black Box Cipro, I'd also be turned off to the poseability....
Plans for modifications.
1. I've already bevelled out Joseph's eyes, 100mg Black Box Cipro. They look SO much better. Using an 18 mm eye beveller, I made the eyewells a little deeper and much more regular, Black Box Cipro. The eyelids are also slightly thinner, making his eyes seem less sunken. They still don't fit flush with his eye socket, but they're MUCH better. I'm worried about making the resin TOO thin. I've also put in bigger eyes, and he looks much more relaxed, much less untrusting. Black Box Cipro, 2. I'm thinking of filling the little cavities in his fingers with epoxy putty. But they aren't very visible, and they don't present a structural problem... so I might just ignore them.
3. I'm thinking of lightly filing to shape certain parts of his wrist and ankle balljoints, and then adding an s-hook to try to improve the poseability in his hands, Black Box Cipro. Right now, his wrists are also on with very thin wire rather than the thread because it seemed more secure to me.
4. No fix, and it's not noticeable when he's clothed. Which he will be 95% of the time. Black Box Cipro, 5. I'm debating as filing and shaping lightly around his armpits and elbows to improve his range of movement. I can see where the pieces are being stopped. I'm not sure if I want to go into this deeper body modification. It's not huge, but it would require recoating several pieces. I like the state of his blushing right now, Black Box Cipro. 40mg Black Box Cipro, Anyway... yes. I need to think on it and see how I feel about him tomorrow. I'll take some pictures. Black Box Cipro, He's a beautiful little doll already... but even without these negatives, I just don't know if he's right for the person I wanted him to be (Joseph is actually a historical figure - the visual isn't quite right.). He's so pretty though. Anyway. I'll post about it tomorrow.... I'm not sure yet if he'll be staying, Black Box Cipro.
(After the cut is the "how did you get the doll?" story.)
*After I learned that Volks wasn't the only company making balljointed dolls, I became very interested in the dolls offered by Dream of Doll. Specifically, Dream of Doll Yen was of high interest to me. I thought he was beautiful, adorable, everything. But I was very much scared off by the lack of an English website, and then, later, by the extremely dicey sounding payment methods. Black Box Cipro, Your choices were either sending your credit card information via e-mail, or paying a wire transfer (that would accrue something like $60 worth of fees, all totalled). And then as of about last November, the predicted order-to-delivery time jumped from 3-4 weeks to something like 6-8 weeks, with the average seeming to be around 9 weeks. So, from that I thought "Y'know, I don't think that's a company I'm going to deal with."
But again and again, I've found myself going back to look at the DoD website (even though I'm not so interested in minis anymore), Black Box Cipro paypal. A few weeks ago, I put up a WTB thread on DoA for a Tender or normal Yen. I had surprisingly good luck, as someone was selling their brand-new Yen because they didn't bond with him. I basically paid the cost that she had paid (including the wire-transfer fee) plus shipping, and he was on his way. That cost is worth it to me because I don't feel secure giving out my credit card information that way, and I would have payed the wire fee otherwise. Also, it's a convenience thing. I didn't have to wait two to three months for him.
Similar posts: Synthroid Cost. Dosing Of Synthroid For Myxedema. 30mg Erythromycin Ophthalmic Ointment On Cat. 500mg Cipro For Anthrax.
Trackbacks from: Black Box Cipro. Black Box Cipro. 100mg Black Box Cipro. Black Box Cipro ebay.